Looking for a well-trafficked online venue for your work? 49 Writers can help. If you’re an Alaskan, or you’ve written about
submit your creative work, or a portion of it, to Alaska Shorts. Here’s how it
- Entries must conform to our editorial policy. We publish poetry and prose. Either the author or the subject matter must be Alaskan. You may submit an entire work, or an excerpt. We will consider no more than one Alaska Shorts post per author per six months.
- We need your real name and real email address.
- Absolutely no more than 800 words per entry, excluding the bio paragraph, which must be fewer than 100 words.
- Entries must be your own original work. You keep the copyright, but by submitting you're giving us permission to post.
- Not all submissions will be published. The editors at 49 Writers reserve the right to select and to publish at their sole discretion, on a space available basis. If your work doesn’t get posted, don’t assume we don’t like it. It simply may not fit our editorial needs or schedule.
- One small jpg photo may be attached with your entry.
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. Email to 49Writers@gmail.com with the words “Alaska Shorts” in the subject line. We accept only Word documents or submissions embedded in the email text. Submissions MUST be single spaced, Times New Roman, with NO paragraph indentations (space between paragraphs). The bio paragraph, if any, should come at the end, and it must be in italics. If the formatting is not correct, your submission will not be considered.
- We will make every attempt to notify you prior to posting your submission, but we cannot guarantee to do so. You can maximize your readership by sharing the link to your published post with your social media and email contacts.
- We reserve the right to edit your work but do not promise to do so. We do NOT make corrections or changes after the post has been published unless the error is our own, and we do not correct based on appearance alone, as the Blogger platform suffers from occasional glitches in formatting that are beyond our control.
- We will make every effort to acknowledge receipt of your submission, but our volunteer staff is unable to respond to follow-up queries. If your work has not been posted within six months of submission, feel free to re-submit.