It’s Write-a-thon time! Don’t miss this opportunity to support the literary arts in Alaska by participating in a night of marathon writing on Friday, April 12, 6:00-11:00pm at Snow City Café. We are asking you to write
Here’s a reminder of 49 Writers classes and events coming up in the next month– details at 49writingcenter.org:
- Friday, March 22, 7:00pm, Great Harvest Bread: AQR and 49 Writers present a Reading & Craft Talk featuring Eva Saulitis.
- Saturday, March 23, 9:00am-4:00pm: Prose/Poem, a workshop with Eva Saulitis
- Saturday, March 23: Characters: Real & Imagined, a Juneau workshop with Amy O’Neill Houck
- Friday, April 5, 7:00-8:30pm, Anchorage Museum: Crosscurrents with Nancy Zafris and Frank Soos, "The Short Story: Alive and Well?"
- Saturday, April 6: Weekend workshop with Nancy Zafris, Short Story Structure and Brainstorming
- Sunday, April 7, 2:00-4:00pm: Poetry workshop in Palmer with Julie LeMay
- Friday, April 12, 5:00-11:00pm: Write-a-thon fundraiser at Snow City Café
March 22-24 at the Sitka Island Institute, writer-in-residence, Sierra Golden, will be presenting a weekend workshop on The Poetry of Work. $30 for adults, $20 for students. Beginning and experienced poets welcome. More details here.
April 9, 7:30pm, UAA/APU Consortium Library 307 - Don't miss the 2013 Alaska Literary Series/Boreal Books Anchorage Launch. Readers will be:
- Mei Mei Evans, Oil and Water (novel)
- Erin Hollowell, Pause, Traveler (poems)
- Carolyn Kremers, Upriver (poems)
- Sara Loewen, Gaining Daylight (essays)
- Peggy Shumaker, Toucan Nest (poems)